Central Valley Diabetes Symposium
Thursday, August 31, 2017
Fort Washington Country Club
10272 N. Millbrook Avenue Fresno, CA 93730
Soe Naing, MD, MRCP(UK), FACE
Associate Clinical Professor of Medicine
Director of Division of Endocrinology
Medical Director of Community Diabetes Care Center, UCSF Fresno
Title: Update in Pharmacological Management of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus for Primary Care Providers
- Identify therapeutic strategies for available anti-diabetic agents for the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
- Apply a patient-centered approach to the current guidelines for intensifying therapy to achieve good glycemic control.
- Demonstrate the ability to advance glycemic therapies for type 2 diabetes to other non-insulin and insulin therapies when initial treatments are not achieving recommended goals.
Jay H. Shubrook DO FACOFP, FAAFP
Director of Clinical Research and Diabetes Services, Touro University California College of Osteopathic Medicine
Title: The Physician’s Role in Diabetes Prevention
- Discuss screening for pre-diabetes in an office setting.
- Explore best practices in diabetes prevention in your practice.
- How do we know if it works-getting timely feedback from Diabetes Prevention Program.
Dinner and event cost: $20.00
Click here to register.
For questions, please contact Alvishia Johnson: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (559) 600-6449.
Accreditation Statement: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential areas and policies of the Institute for Medical Quality/California Medical Association (IMQ/CMA) through the joint sponsorship of Fresno-Madera Medical Society (FMMS) and Fresno Diabetes Collaborative The FMMS is accredited by the Institute for Medical Quality/California Medical Association (IMQ/CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement: FMMS designates this live activity for a maximum of 2.0 hour(s) of AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Disclosures: Jay H. Shubrook DO FACOFP, FAAFP has disclosed that he serves as a consultant for Lilly and Nova Nordisk and has received research funding from Sanofi, Lilly and Takeda. Soe Naing, MD, MRCP(UK), FACE, and Planner, Melanie Ruvalcaba have no relevant commercial relationships to disclose.
This publication was produced with funding from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Grant Number DP005499 through the California Department of Public Health. Its contents are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of the CDC or the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Fresno Diabetes Collaborative | Fresno Madera Medical Society | Central Valley Chronic Disease Partnership | Health Net/CalViva Health | Fresno County Department of Public Health | Anthem Blue Cross | California Health Collaborative