Fresno/Tulare Diabetes Symposium
Tuesday, September 24, 2019
Ridge Creek Dinuba Golf Club
3018 Ridge Creek Drive, Dinuba, CA 93618
Soe Naing, MD, MRCP(UK), FACE
Associate Clinical Professor of Medicine
Director of Division of Endocrinology
Medical Director of Community Diabetes Care Center, UCSF Fresno
Title: Management of Type 2 Diabetes, Part 1: What is the Next Step after Metformin?
Description: A discussion for non-insulin medication regimen for Type 2 diabetic patients.
- Provide a simple guide on up-to-date, evidence-based management of type 2 diabetes.
- Describe how this can be used in daily practice.
Linda C Stokes, PhD
Director of Population Health
Community Regional Medical Center
Title: Social Determinants of Health and the Influence on Diabetes Care.
Description: A discussion of social determinants of health and their impacts on patients and care processes for chronic disease management, including diabetes care.
- Identify and describe the social determinants of health (SDH).
- Describe the impact of SDH on patients with diabetes and chronic comorbidities.
- Describe interventions or process changes that can be applied in interactions with patients.
No Cost Dinner and Event
For questions, please contact Alma Martinez:
firstname.lastname@example.org or call (559) 724-4386
Fresno Diabetes Collaborative | Tulare County Alliance for Management & Education of Diabetes | Community Medical Centers | Kaweah Delta Health Care District | Fresno Madera Medical Society | Health Net/CalViva Health | Tulare County Department of Public Health | Anthem Blue Cross |